126 Grosvenor Street,
Tel: 0161 273 4110
Fax: 0161 236 3786
Click here to view map
Please DO NOT send ticket payments to the above address, your money may be lost and you WILL NOT receive a ticket. If you wish to post ticket payments details are here.
Please note that The Zoo is a venue attached behind a pub in York Street, just around the corner of Grosvenor Street. The pub is called.... The Pub!
The Zoo has a 500 people maximum capacity.
The Pub offers a great varied menu at very reasonable prices (all warm meals under £5) and the kitchen serves food till 10 PM, so don’t worry about being hungry. Alternatively, there’s a small supermarket just opposite the venue. There is a Subway nearby as well.
In Grosvenor Street there’s a “hole in the wall” (ATM/cash point).
How do I get there?
- By car:
- If you have a sat-nav, simply put in the post code (M1 7HL) which will direct you to the area within that postal code.
- Coming from the North/M61-M62, take the M602 into Manchester, then Regent Road (A57) onto the ring around the city (A57) or Mancunian Way. Go right and take the A34, Brook Street and turn right again into Grosvenor Street.
- Coming from the South/M6, take the A556 at junction 19. Follow the M56 into Manchester and keep going straight on till it merges with the A5103 (Princess Road) that takes you to the ring around the city (Mancunian Way). Go right and take the A34, Brook Street and turn right again into Grosvenor Street.
- By train:
- Take the train to Manchester Oxford Road station. From here, it’s a 10-15 minute walk down Oxford Road towards Manchester Metropolitan University and Grosvenor Street is on your left.
- By plane:
- Manchester Airport is only 8 miles away from the city centre. Best take a taxi from the airport. Or there will be trains from the airport to the city centre.
Where do I park?
- One option is to park near the venue in one of the Oxford Road side streets, which can be difficult and expensive if you forget to go to the meter, but we recommend to use this NCP car park:
Chester Street Sp
Tel: 0845 050 7080
Distance to venue: 0.25 km, 0.16 mi / 10 mins approximately
Monday-Sunday: Open 24 hours
This is a 10 minute walk to the venue: simply walk into Oxford Road coming out of the car park and turn right towards the university; Grosvenor Street is a bit further on your left. Your car is safe and secure and it’s a 24 hour car park.
Booth Street East
0161 817 8900
Distance to venue: 0.5 km, 0.3 mi / 5 mins
Go left to Oxford Road and then next right is Grosvenor Street, or go right onto Brook Street and your next left is Grosvenor Street.
I'll have to stay over, where do I go?
What bands are playing?
- Subscribe to the newsletter on the home page for info on acts as they are confirmed
Where do I buy tickets and how much are they?
I’m a trader and would like to participate in the gothic market with a stall, who do I contact for this?
- Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org for details, prices and booking forms.
- Limited space; first booked and paid for, first served and pitch guaranteed.
I want to sponsor Mis-Fest 2010, how do I do this?
- As a Business/Trader/Marketing Agency you will, in return for sponsorship, get your ad placed on a suitable page of this website, get your ad in every newsletter/email, or you can opt for your ad on every flyer and poster, thousands of flyers will be distributed, or you can opt for an ad in the program booklet. If you choose to take ALL options (we will love you forever), and you'll get a reduction.
- For more info, prices and forms, please email email@example.com
I’m in a Mis-Fest 2010 band and need info on transport and hotel, who do I contact?
- Mis-Fest begins on Friday 25th as a warm up club night. Warm up means we get you in the right mood for the festival and we try to make some extra dollars to help pay for the bands, the DJs, expenses etc as a festival is an expensive thing to do!
That’s why we charge that extra bit more than your regular night out. However; in return we offer free drinks, freebies, gifts, a raffle worth playing, and a nicely decorated venue with great music.
Of course all alternative minded people (18+ R.O.A.R) are welcome, even if you don’t come for the weekend to see the bands.
- Dress code is required; Goth/Alternative. Strictly no tracksuits or baseball caps.
- Great music is guaranteed, DJs and more will be announced through the newsletter
- Yes, discounts and special offers will be possible for both the warm up club night and the festival (see above), but you’ll have to do something for it: subscribe to our newsletter, lower prices, possible free entry, extras and more will be announced that way.
- So keep an eye on your mailbox and bookmark the Mis-Fest site. Remember to check your Spam filter too.